[TriLUG] Scripting Users Group?

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Dec 13 22:32:45 EST 2001

> Does anyone know of a local users group for scripting languages such as
PHP,
> Perl, Python, etc.

Just Java.

> Should these just be sub-topics of triLug or would there be interest in
> forming such a users group?

I'd be happy to just discuss them on the main list until people get upset,
at which point we ask for a seperate list @trilug.org if it looks like it is
taking on a life of its own.  To date I haven't seen much in the way of
scripting traffic.

We have two sublists now that are mostly quiet right now but have some
periods where I think it is good that we have segregated the traffic off.
People tend to post things to those sublists, I think, that they may feel
inappropriate for the general list for whatever reason.

Back to your question.... I'd feel a lot more comfortable posting stupid
perl questions to a sublist.  I tend to not think of trilug at trilug.org as an
appropriate place to ask such things.  The public lists that are available
are a bit too high traffic for my liking, and there is the other problem
that nobody is local to you so you can't get together for a friday night
beer with the guys that have helped you through a particularly rough
problem.  That said, if there were enough interest, I'd love to have either
a general scripting at trilug.org group or, less favorably, specific sub-groups
like perl at trilug.org and php at trilug.org.