[TriLUG] OT: Lord of the Rings

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 16 15:07:56 EST 2001

Ok, this is very off topic with the exception that SGI servers running RH
Linux reportedly were used to do (at least some of ?) the special effects.
So, ignore this now if you don't care about seeing LOTR in the triangle, but
I doubt many in this group will feel that way :)

So, has anyone found a good theater showing a midnight showing of LOTR the
day before as was done with Star Wars?

So far I have found this theater (at least according to LOTR.net), though I
don't know much about it...
Carmike Cinemas Wynnsong Theatre
1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, Durham

Anyone have any experience with this theater or know of another showing this
film?  I was also wondering if any people might want to meet and do a group
thing to see it for the first showing in the US?  Kind of a TriLUG
pilgrimage to Middle-earth kinda thing.  Yes, I know I am a geek, so some of
you don't have to say it ;)

Thanks,
Bill