[TriLUG] one more addendum regarding docbook/xml

rpjday rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 17 07:14:52 EST 2001

  i forgot to mention that there is a new package in tim's
docbook-pkgs directory, xmlto, which is a shell front-end for
conversion from XML to <whatever>.  he tells me that he's just
about to release a slightly-updated version of that RPM, followed
by a new version of his selfdocbookx document that uses xmlto
for all of the conversion.

  so you might want to download that RPM and see how he generates
different formats, if you're interested.

rday

p.s.  and while we're on the subject of mailing lists, tim tells
me that there is, sadly, no mailing list/forum for these new
developments in docbook/xml under red hat.  if there's enough
interest, perhaps a trilug list dedicated to, what, document
generation?  just a thought, so we can keep (me :-) from polluting
the main list with this stuff.