[TriLUG] recommendations for combo pcmcia cards?

James LewisMoss jimdres at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 18 12:34:23 EST 2001

>>>>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:20:20 -0500 (EST), rpjday <rpjday at mindspring.com> said:

 rpjday>   anyone have any recommendations for combo 10/100/56k modem
 rpjday> pcmcia cards that work well with red hat?  i've been fighting
 rpjday> with a xircom cardbus card, and i may post more on that later
 rpjday> if i'm still keen on somehow getting it to work.

 rpjday>   anybody have good things to say about
 rpjday>   3com/linksys/<whatever>?
 rpjday> i was poking around best buy yesterday, but they don't carry
 rpjday> either 3com or xircom cards, and the linksys combo card was
 rpjday> only 16-bit.

 rpjday>   finally, do we as trilug members still get a 20% guru
 rpjday>   dicsount
 rpjday> at stay online?  if so, i might just wander over there later.

The Linksys EtherFast 10/100 + 56k modem PC Card I bought a year or so
ago has had no troubles.  Works in all three modes without troubles
(100, 10, 56k modem).

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres at debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!