[TriLUG] NotLame

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Dec 20 09:19:06 EST 2001

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting Not Lame 3.7.0 installed.  When I try to run
> the binary, or install the RPM I'm told I need libncurses.so.4.  I have
> a newer version that that (libncurses.so.5) but I still cannot get the
> RPM to install.  Any ideas?

If you have a newer version than it asks for, a quick fix is to make a
symbolic link from libncurses.so.4 to libncurses.so.5.  This normally
works if the libraries are backwards compatible, which they usually
are.  On my system, libncurses.so.4 *is* a symlink to libncurses.so.5, so
I suspect this would work just fine for you.

Another option is to rebuild the src RPM with "rpm --rebuild", which
would link the program against the version of ncurses that you have.

--Jeremy