[TriLUG] Hello I am buying a US Robotics Modem...Need help

Randall Eric Nevins ut895x at tmlp.com
Thu Dec 20 14:23:48 EST 2001

Hello,  I am buying a US Robotics Modem 5686 External V.90 56K.  I believe that this modem will work fine with Linux Mandrake 8.1.  However it is not the new V.92 type.  I can get it upgraded at US Robotics site.  But US Robotics was not sure if the V.92 will work with Linux.  The exact modem I am getting is the new 5686D.  I have not bought it yet but I would hate to get it and then find out it does not work with Linux in anyway.

Do you know an answer to this problem?  I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays to you!

Randall Nevins