[TriLUG] IMAP client

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 21 12:11:25 EST 2001

Mozilla does not seem to properly handle the lower resolution of the
xterms.  In other words, the colors are all funky on the clients because
the terminals use only 256 colors.  Do you know of a way to "step this
down?"  The Mozilla documentation that I have found is pretty sparse...
Thanks!

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 16:44, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> > I guess that I should have framed my question a bit better.  My
> > department is looking at rolling out Linux to replace some old Sun
> > systems.  The client that I am looking for is something that we'd like
> > to get working and eventually use in a multi-user environment with
> > xterms.  The end users have been using Netscape on their current systmes
> > and we'd like to stay with something similar (both for support and
> > training reasons).  Netscape 4.78 is actually pretty unusable on the NCD
> > ThinStar 300 that I was testing on this afternoon.  I'm going to try it
> > on an HMX tomorrow to see if it is a problem with font or color mapping
> > causing it to misbehave so badly.  Anyway, as much as I like Pine
> > myself, something a bit more graphical is in order for this audience.
>
> Have you considered trying mozilla?  The latest versions are
> extremely stable and it's probably the closest to what you now have.
> That's what I switched to from Netscape. (Of course, I'm currently
> experimenting with switching to Evolution because of several features
> it has that Mozilla doesn't, like GPG integration.)
>
> Tanner
> --
> Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
> --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
> GPG Fingerprint = A66C 8660 924F 5F8C 71DA  BDD0 CE09 4F8E DE76 39D4
> --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
>  Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little
>  order, will lose both and deserve neither.  --  Benjamin Franklin
>
>  History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
>  of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
>  endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989

Janyne M. Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5
Systems Programmer Administrator I
NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Extension and Administrative Technology Services
Phone: (919) 515-3609