[TriLUG] without better support from the vendors...

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 21:33:58 EST 2001

Ed Hill said:
> When you formatted your hard drive, did you create a separate /home
> partition, right?  If so, then its very easy to put a fresh install
> of 7.2 on your machine (and wipe out 7.1 in the process).  Just

Yup...I currently use Ghost to backup my partitions (/ and /home)
to my second hdd...which I'll do much more frequently when
I can hot (or warm) swap the drives and don't have to reboot.

> Ok, I think we can do a lot better than 1 of 5.  I did a little more
> research and heres how it stands:

Well, gee, now that you've done all that work, I guess I'll
have to give it one more try  ;)  I think I'll stop by the office
this weekend, pick up my extra hdd and our RH7.2 disks,
do some backups and give it a try.

I'll keep you posted,
Chris

Chris Merrill