[TriLUG] partitioning advice

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Wed Dec 19 01:09:31 EST 2001

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great advice from everyone. Seems most people agree
that /home should be a separate partition from /. I will also keep a
/boot partition, mainly coz autopartition made it. More than that seems
like too much work, mainly because I am the only user of the machine.

I like the /cds partition idea, mainly because I had to customise the
install so that I would work with my crummy RAID controller. I NEED
kernel 2.4.12 or greater.

Thanks for the "cron mirror of /etc" idea too. Definate keeper.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Peter Long