[TriLUG] I just figured out what evolution is missing

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 6 12:12:21 EST 2002

>Install gnome-spell...  I have packages at
>http://people.redhat.com/katzj/gnome-spell/.  Then spell checking
>magically starts working (it's just a bonobo component)

>Unfortunately, as far as spell checkers go, it sucks :(

Amen brother.  I never know if I misspelled something or they just left
it out.  That and sometimes I have to remove punctuation, check it then
replace the punctuation.

>Jeremy

> Any other Evo improvement ideas?

I'd like to see a blasted "Paste as quote" function like in mozilla
mail.  As part of my work on the POI project (we're #4 on sourceforge
;-D) I have a lot of lists to subscribe to (various Apache, gnumeric,
etc), I want them in digest mode (shocking really) and well, to quote
someone is a manual process of inserting the little >'s.  (PAIN truly!)

Please everyone keep in mind the evolution is a 1.0.  I still think
mozilla-mail sucks worse and its been in development longer.  The
developers of it are also reasonably responsible to the bug reports and
gripes.

-Andy
--
www.superlinksoftware.com