[TriLUG] Next installfest

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 8 09:11:42 EST 2002

It's been ten years, but I've installed OS's onto Cubix cards.  You have to
generate an OS and boot files, then load them onto a server running TFTP...
Then you toggle a switch on the cubix card and boot up.  The card
broadcasts for the TFTP server and then downloads anything and everything
it has.

Depending on the rev of the boards, you will have either a fully x386
compliant PC on it, or a proprietary POS that will only run a bastard
version of MS.

You should be able to find out exactly what you have by tracing the Rev
number on your daughter boards.

If you get these up and running, you are sure to have some fun... They make
greate Remote Access boxes for folks who want to VNC to a local box and
work on the local net.  They are much faster to use than having folks VPN
across a limited bandwidth.

Jon