[TriLUG] Reply-To munging

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 8 14:24:31 EST 2002

Mike Johnson wrote:
> Tanner Lovelace [lovelace at wayfarer.org] wrote:
> > So, can someone explain to me why we add a reply-to list header?
> > Make sure you read http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> > before answering...
>
> Because that's the way it is.  This debate comes up periodically,
> but the answer is always the same.  Someone always points out that
> link.
>
> In the end, I disagree with Chip Rosenthal.  I like it this way,
> and most of the membership likes it this way (it seems).

Just to throw in my vote in case it matters, as a reader and some time
poster to this list, I like it the way it is.

Paul

Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html