[TriLUG] A final solution to the reply to issue

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Wed Jan 9 15:01:15 EST 2002

[2002-01-09 14:28] Andrew C. Oliver said:
| I've yet to learn Python.  Will be happy to contribute later.  Very very
| busy 1> TRIJUG, 2> JOBHUNT 3> POI  (worked 10am - 3am then got up at
| 10).

python is easy.  The monstrosities built with python are not always
the same ;-)

| What I meant to get across was if you're one of those people who gets on
| every list to complain that its turned on or off (which I've NEVER done
| except on the poi-devel list talking about how CRASS it was of
| sourceforge to set it universally off for every project regardless of
| what the people working on it thought in response to someone who did
| post about it) the stop complaining and go fix it in mailman.  Python
| looks easy.

I've hacked at mailman for some clients, and even been near the
preferences code.  I'll take a look at this sometime this weekend --
I, too, am busier than h*ll...

If things go well, I'll make a patch against 2.0.8.  I'll try to
push it upstream so we'll have our feature in the next mailman
release.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman