[TriLUG] Help: Web form filler app?

D. McLamb dmclamb68 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:07:49 EST 2002

Hi.

Does anyone know of an open source/linux app that will take data from a
comma delimited record in an extract file and automatically send each value
to a unique field in a web form?

Essentially, I need to do the exact opposite of common sense: Instead of
submitting data from a web form and into a database, I need to extract data
from an existing database and place it into a multi-paged webform, where it
will then be submitted into someone else's database. And I need to be able
to do this for several thousand unique individual records.  Unfortunately,
uploading data extracts is currently not an option. I have no control over
the target web server, web pages, or database.

Please don't ask why it has to be done this way.  It involves government
logic.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--

Cheers.