[TriLUG] earthlink PPP dialup

Errol Casey errol-list-trilug at boo-bear.com
Sun Jan 13 22:00:01 EST 2002

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 09:00:52PM -0500, Nathan Conrad wrote:
> Errol,
>
> have the proper kernel modules installed (or built into the
> kernel). Also, make sure that your username is correct (Various ISPs
> such as Mindspring require the full e-mail address as the username
> (such as joe at mindspring.com)). Another problem is that the PPP program

Thanks. This has gotten be further, but ppp will still not negotiate.

It dials and I think logs in...a bit more debugging.

Thanks for the "username" tip. I can login with minicom that way and it
starts PPP (starts sending garbage characters; so I must have another
PPP argument wrong; I will look a bit futher and if not go will post
my scripts to the list to see if that will shed any light).

--
Errol