[TriLUG] SMB with SSH Linux->Windows?

Brian Weaver weave at opennms.org
Mon Jan 14 08:24:38 EST 2002

Michael,

I've got a really strange question, but if your running a Win32
machine will not some of those TCP/IP ports already be in use?
On my Win32 machine port 139 is already open and listening for
SMB request to that machine. Have you run a simple 'netstat -na'
on the local Win32 machine before you fire up SSH?

I'm betting that the Win32 environment already has some of those
resources in use. If so then you should probably setup a private
network between you Win32 box and the desired SAMBA server.

Weave