[TriLUG] running script as mail alias, script running as specific user

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Jan 14 16:41:43 EST 2002

I'm trying to setup an automated process using a email address.  The email
alias is something like:
  thetrees:  "|/usr/local/sbin/thetrees"

The script thetrees in /usr/local/sbin needs to run as a specified user.
The user should be "lorax".  How do I let the lorax speak for thetrees?

I've tried using chmod u+s on the script, and setting the user to lorax, but
that is not working.

I've setup scripts to run as specific users in the past, so I know that it
can be done.  But right now, I'm just sitting here knitting thneads and
coming up blank.  <If I don't get this done soon, the Barbaloots will be in
trouble...>

Jon