[TriLUG] Installing win2K after linux

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:01:29 EST 2002

>From: Michael Bell <michael.bell at acm.org>

>I need to install Win2k for a couple of months. I have a debian
>box with plenty of free disk space to put it on. I have found plenty of
>documentation on installing Win2K, and _then_ linux, but not linux
>first. Can anyone point me to some docs?

Get a boot disk for Linux, install Windows, use the boot disk + WinNT +
Linux HOWTO and there you go.

>I will also want to remove the windows partition later. Will
>there be a problem recombining the large partition I will be splitting
>into two to install windows?

I do not understand this part. How many partitions free do you have, right
now? Are they contiguous?

Salut,
Sinner

http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068