[TriLUG] Distiller

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Jan 15 21:25:14 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 18:01, Ed Warnicke wrote:
> Be forewarned however... at one time at least the pdf
> produced by ps2pdf would break the pdf munging tools
> used by the NSF ( National Science Foundation ) for
> grant applications.  So if you are applying for NSF grants,
> test extensively.

True.

But if you're applying for NSF grants then go to their pages and see
their recommendations on the topic (don't have the URL at hand).  They
have some very specific advice regarding PDF production with various
software and on various OSes.  I believe that the latest versions of
ghostscript are capable of producing NSF-compliant PDFs.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:       ed at eh3.com, ehill at mines.edu