[TriLUG] PortSentry...

Scott Morris scmorris at ifndef.com
Wed Jan 16 10:56:16 EST 2002

> Does anyone have anything to say about PortSentry?
> If you think it is a good piece of software, can you send me a safe URL?
> Is there something better out there?
>
> If this is the sort of thing that floats your boat, do you have any good
> kiddy scripts that can be used for network analysis?

i use it at home and on my colo box. more of a warning tool than anything
else. lets you see when you get portscanned etc...

what do you mean by network analysis? nmap, nessus, ettercap... etc for
"network anaylsis"...

--
Scott Morris
scmorris at ifndef.com
Any similarities to reality are purely coincidental.
Get my PGP public key: http://ifndef.com/~scmorris/scottmorris_pubkey.asc