[TriLUG] Job Found...

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Jan 16 15:40:26 EST 2002

El dia Wednesday 16 January 2002 02:59 pm, no tenies res mes que fer i vas i
m'envies aquest mail:

> Q. I got switched here from an ISP that went out of business.
>    What's to stop you from going out of business also?
> A. We have a long term growth plan so there's no need to worry.

> Yeah, right!  His current ISP's long term growth plan apparently
> includes trading their stock at about $0.80 for the last few
> months and losing $141 million this past quarter.  I wonder
> just what exactly they mean by long-term...

> Tanner

Actually...

Before coming to the US I had the chance to read "The Stuff Americans Are
Made Of" and "Distant Mirrors: America as a Foreing Culture".

There perfectly explains what "long-term" means for Mary Average and Joe
Sixpack: exactly 9 months. Extremely conservative folks, like farmers and 13
original colonies' inhabitans can go as much as 2 years. But those are
extreme and, obviously, most rare cases.

No kidding.

Once and again, in my 10 years relationship with people form the US of A has
prooved that just right. When I read the book, I said out load "exactly!"
when readiong about "American time".

For me, long term means... well, something in between 5 to 20 years. The same
for anyone from my culture.

Hope you appreciate this antropologic off-topic in a Linux list.

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"