[TriLUG] Linux is not ready for the Enterprise?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Jan 17 08:27:59 EST 2002

El dia Thursday 17 January 2002 04:06 am, no tenies res mes que fer i vas i
m'envies aquest mail:
> This was just too funny to pass up... Apparently,
> Network Computing magazine did a story about linux
> in the enterprise:

> http://www.networkcomputing.com/1224/1224f1.html

> Someone wrote them back with this reply

> http://www.networkcomputing.com/1302/1302fn.html

> "Linux is not ready for the Enterprise. There is not a single
> voice-controlled app for any of the mission-critical functions of the
> Enterprise. Conspicuously absent are warp core control, phaser bank
> activation, interstellar navigation, transporter operation and the
> all-important self-destruct sequence. Until these and thousands of other
> important apps are written and deployed, Linux will just be a toy in the
> Enterprise."

> What can you say to that? :-)  Perhaps for gnome 5.0?!?

That this is competely and uterly false.

You can use Linux to play VGA Planets, were you can command USS Enterprise
form Earth Federation and combat the Evil Borg.

Check out SourceForge for VGA-Planets client & Battle viewers projects.

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"