[TriLUG] borland

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 18 13:50:01 EST 2002

> And don't forget the "LGPL" which allows you to use library code in
> propreitary software.  Many free libraries, such as glibc, use LGPL;
> otherwise you'd have a really hard time distributing much of anything
> for
> Linux that isn't GPL.

> An example of a GPL-ed library is "readline" (used in programs like
bash
> to read input) -- because readline is GPL, you can only >
include/distribute
> it with other GPL-ed code.  This is why many programs that could take
> advantage of readline unfortunately don't.

Yes I have no preference against LGPL.  My only issue is its b*stard
status.  I've even seen references to it as deprecated.  I'd have no
qualms about LGPL.

(just remember I consider myself so far to the left that I'm on the
right as far as this stuff goes)

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com