[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 19 02:24:53 EST 2002

That is just sick and twisted.  First AOL destorys Netscape (or did they
save them, I can't remember).. now they want Red Hat?  What possible good
could come out of this deal?

I was just getting to like Red Hat 7.1 and was thinking of moving to 7.2.
If AOL buys them I'll have to search for another Linux distribution.  I'm
totally annoyed with Windows constantly asking/making me to install this or
that from software MS and I deal with it because I have to (it's my work
system and I can't run Linux as my desktop - yet).. but I will not, not
ever, tolerate my Linux machine demanding that I connect to AOL - or any
other service.

Red Hat, if you are listening, DON'T SELL!!!  At least not to these people.

Greg