[TriLUG] AOL Redhat Linux?!?

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 00:12:39 EST 2002

Unfortunately AOL has dropped all development for <= OS 9.  Well you say
OS X is the future (as it is for Macs), but their finished client for
Mac OS X sucks and is basically a crappy port of the OS 9 version with
what seems to be no plan or thought at all.  Also, OS X AOL in the UK
has been completely dropped.  AOL does not have a great track record
lately of supporting non-Microsoft OS.  Now that is ironic as AOL
started as Q-Link supporting Commodore 64, then changed to AppleLink
supporting Apple II's and Mac's then eventually became AOL.

We will just have to see what the future holds...

Bill