[TriLUG] Questions about webservers

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 18:32:30 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 05:32:32PM -0500, Matthew Hoover wrote:
> I'm trying to find out which webservers are commonly used on Linux, especially
> Red Hat 7.x distributions.  Of course Apache will be the most common, but are
> there any other webservers that people use.  I tried to find a version of iPlanet
> that would run on Red Hat 7.x, but it appears that the last Red Hat release that
> iPlanet supports is 6.2.  Anyone have a favorite web server to recommend?

	my guess would be in roughly approximate useage:

Zeus
thttpd
stronghold
Zope
aolServer
boa

maybe netscape or iplanet in there somewhere, but I dont have much
of a feel for their useage.

netcraft.com web server surveys can tell you tons more and more
moreaccurately ;->

favorite: apache (duh)
favorites for static content on small boxes: thttpd
favorite for static content on big box: Tux

Adrian