[TriLUG] network cards

Ken Mink ken.mink at porivo.com
Fri Jan 25 15:15:57 EST 2002

Mark,
I have a dual homed machine with heterogenious NICs as well. The
solution I found is to use a modular kernel with the card's drivers as
modules. Then add two lines to your modules.conf:
alias eth0 pcnet32
alias eth1 eepro100

Now when you reference eth0, the kernel will use the pcnet32 driver and
find a pcnet32 card to attach it to. This works for me.

Ken