[TriLUG] possible OT -- Hardware request

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sat Jan 26 19:55:55 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 14:35, Robert martin wrote:
> its not a MUST remove (new card will be agp HC is PCI) but i want to
> correct any bogon flux
> from the upgrade since i also run win98se. I also want to get tv at
> bigger than 640x480 (since i now run 1024x???). The support thing is the
> question of the day.
> just a bit of info the Hauppage card does "just work" in linux.

If windows doesn't have an issue with the card now, I'd not worry about
it. My Father-in-law has had trouble with his (older) All-In-Wonder
under 95/98/98se, but that's all been driver related.

FWIW, I'd get a good AGP Video card, and keep the Hauppage. Because :
(1) that way, if it breaks, you only have to replace one card
(2) if the Hauppage already works, it's more likely to keep working
(3) You can always upgrade to a better TV card later
(4) You won't have to find another Video+TV card at the next upgrade -
just the Video part.

After owning a all-one-card solution, I went to the two card method you
have now - because that way I only need to upgrade one next time *grin*

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9