[TriLUG] advice on installing nVidia card

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Mon Jan 28 17:37:33 EST 2002

Hi,

With what I learned from the Gaming talk, I decided to upgrade to an
nVidia GF2 card (the $79 at intrex).  What is the procedure exactly for
installing this.

Here are the steps as I understand them

1> recompile the kernel with the nvidia stuff  (or can I just compile
this as a module? do  I need to recompile the kernel)?

2> install the card

3> reboot.

4> run Xconfigurator and change my modes accordingly.

Is that about the crux of it?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Andy
--
www.superlinksoftware.com