[TriLUG] expanding

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Jan 29 09:01:53 EST 2002

Christian J Hedemark [chris at yonderway.com] wrote:
> There's your problem right there.  7.0 was an eeeevil release.  ;-)

Kind of... 7.0 was an evil release, but 7.0 plus all current updates is
actually quite nice.  7.1 was barely a change compared to the 7.0+updates.

> My only advice is drop the software RAID idea.  If it's worth doing, it's
> worth doing right.

I'll second that... Software RAID is too much trouble in the long run.
You're better off spending the money on a decent RAID card if you really
want things to be "plug-and-play".

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/