[TriLUG] routing help

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 2 17:32:37 EST 2002

Thanks for the assistance everyone!  The solution came last night in a vision (and I've been surfing ever since).  The problem was I thought that I had to do the IP Masq. on the port where the traffic was recieved (eth1) when, in fact, I had to do the IP Masq. on the port were the traffic was exiting (eth0).

All is well now.  Broadband is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Greg

trilug at trilug.org wrote:
> It's been a while, but I didn't see anything in your config that would
handle the NAT (Masquerading) for you.

And I'd set your rules wide open until you can get it to work, then restrict
it.

Best of luck,

Shane O.
========