[TriLUG] Linux laptop battery

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 3 16:07:21 EST 2002

That battery is toast, but you can try to recondition it:
 - put in the battery and plug in the laptop
 - when the light indicates that the battery is charged, pull it out, wait
one minute then put it back in.  The battery should charge again.
 - repeat two more times then run the battery till dead (you may have to
turn off the system sleep in the BIOS so that you can actually run the
batter dead)
 - do it all over again.

Note, if the live time does not increase after doing this, then the battery
is the best its going to be.

Please note this does not work for the newer Lithium batteries.  Those
batteries you should never run till dead.

Jon
===