[TriLUG] Moving a subdirectory tree

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Feb 3 10:53:22 EST 2002

On Monday 04 February 2002 05:31 am, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Tom Bryan [tbryan at python.net] wrote:
>
> > At this point, I could just ignore the RPM verify warnings, but I'm
> > curious to know whether there's simply know way to update a symlink's
> > timestamp.
>
> Hrm... I would almost think this is an RPM bug then...  I thought the
> stat of a symlink always resolved to the linked file anyways?!  As it
> is, I'm not sure what you can do to fix it...

Heh.  Here's where we come to the part about making invalid assumptions.  :-/

I was waiting to fix all of the timestamps before mounting the filesystem to
/usr/share/.  I just tried it, and RPM doesn't complain.  So, RPM does appear
to be checking the timestamp of the target of the link.

These aren't the droids we're looking for...Move along.
---Tom