[TriLUG] x-term

john mitchell jmitchell at intrex.net
Mon Feb 4 22:17:01 EST 2002

Ok, here is the deal.........

I have two Network Computing Devices NCD Xplora (XA)'s with external wall
warts (power supplies).
  I don't have a keyboard, nor mouse (they may not use a PC type?). They
power up and display info (mac address, ram size -1 meg video, 8 meg Ram)
and try to TFTP.
 They are aprox 8x11x2 inches. They have one serial and one parallel port.
VGA port and RJ45 jack.

I have one Tektronics box - labels is missing it is aprox 18x18x2 inches. it
has sound(!) all three e-net ports(15 pin,RJ45,coax) two serial ports and
one parallel port. it powers up and displays info (mac address, ram size)
and tries to BOOTP. I plugged a PC keyboard into it and was able to set the
IP address, etc.

I found a mini-how-to at CERN about how to hook one up, there are probally
others.
Tanner Lovelace, michael McLean, michael Garrison, and Janyne kizer,     you
all can fight over them.
I work in south Cary (near 64 and US 1) and I can't make this months
meeting. I live in Chapel Hill.

lets connect, they need to provide a learning experance to someone.
john mitchell