[TriLUG] HELP!

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Tue Feb 5 09:00:38 EST 2002

I believe you need to create an initrd for your new kernel:

cd /usr/src/linux
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-version.number-extensions.img
version.number-extensions
Example:
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.16-rv1.img 2.4.16-rv1

I believe someone (Rob?) wrote a nice mini how-to on this. I learned it
quickly and it's worked for me eversince. Can someone post where this how-to
is?