[TriLUG] VPN recommendation

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 10:53:16 EST 2002

Okay, so no FreeSwan solution... how about the AnnCons 2002?  It looks like
a beefy PC running linux and FreeSwan, but it's much more than that!  It's a
firewall, IPsec server, PPTP server, VPN server, and router.  It has add on
modules that use easy to find and affordable PC components!  You can easily
add more capacity to the unit by purchasing typical PC RAM and adding it
yourself (or a factory trained technician can come on site and do it for
you, if you purchase the maintenance program...).

Need to add a third network connection - or bring up a DMZ: No problem.  The
units software can easily accommodate the change, and the computer like
chassis can accept additional network cards similar to those used in
ordinary PC's!

Load balancing?  Built in! of course for full redundancy you'll need to
purchase a second unit.

Of course you'll want to throw money at the folks from AnnCons so that they
will manage the unit and keep it up to date for you.  No problems, they have
local reps right here in Raleigh that would love to see that cold hard cash!
;-)

Take care - Jon