[TriLUG] jpilot users

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 17:37:58 EST 2002

I just tried KPilot.  No luck.

I have a working Palm IIIx, serial cradle, serial to USB adapter, USB port on
laptop.  System worked on Windows ME and Palm software.

Linux laptop sees USB serial portt when the adapter is plugged int. I chmod
666 on /dev/ttyUSB0 and the underlying /dev/bus/usb/tts/0.  I configured
KPilot with both port descriptors.

The Hot Sync button on the cradle brought up KPilot a couple of times but the
Pilot complained about a broken link.  KPIlot alerted me to the difference in
Pilot user names, so there was at least some coherent data exchange.  The
machine locked up twice in several tries as well.

SHould I move on to jpilot?  Will that work better?  It's not loaded on my
machine.  Has else anyone tried to use a serial to USB adapter?

Mike M.