[TriLUG] Re: Wachovial Online Banking

roskam at mindspring.com roskam at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 8 14:55:44 EST 2002

I work on the corporate software side.  The software is being designed for most users.  We use a lot of outside consultants (Microsoft).  The software when tested is tested for I.E. mainly to get working first.  Generally, the software if it does not work for Netscape the issues are added for future funtionality.  Cost and number of customers affected would drive what future funtionality is fixed.  I have been involved in many debates about which browsers should be a standard and it always boils down to the most customers and cost from moving from the code base  we already have.  On other products questions over Active X, Java, and straight HTML have been debated versus functionality and cost the arguments have generally boiled down to the fact that it cheaper to program in Active X than Java for increased funtionality.
Sincerely,
Rock Roskam
Assistant Vice President
Wachovia Operational Services