[TriLUG] Sys.broke and Gotta...

Jturena at aol.com Jturena at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 12:46:36 EST 2002

Thanks for all of your help, again.
Today I got word from the man who has had my computer [for three weeks] that
he is replacing the harddrive, as it was defective. ( I had thought I was
going to have to pick it up from him today, unfixed)
Interesting that it was the harddrive, huh? We'll see.
My fear is that I did something to damage it, but all I had been doing was
leaving it on, with myself logged in, and with Gnome open, and in the
particular case of the day just before the crash, I had also left Netscape
open (but I do not have an Internet connection through that machine, or
anything connected to it besides a monitor and keyboard).
One of you asked if I had a UPS or surge protector for my computer-- I do.
(This area, as all areas I suppose, has electrical 'glitches' which sometimes
occur on a regular basis during the year.)
 I have a lot of questions.Do you all think you will ever have a meeting in
Raleigh?Are there going to be computers in Heaven? I have only had Linux
installed on a machine for one year. I tried MySQL on it, and really like it.
Sorry about the fact that I have to communicate through Windows and AOL,
which I think is affecting how my messages come through to the ListServer (if
it is a listserver), but I have not set up an Internet Link with Linux yet,
plus all I have is a dial-up modem connection, which affects how quickly I
can respond and to what extent, to some extent.
Do you have somebody printing T-shirts or anything? It is about time for
selling them, no?
Thanks,
Jim