[TriLUG] disk druid from the command line?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 11 16:42:40 EST 2002

disk druid is a graphical front end to fdisk.  I don't think it is a stand
alone tool.
  http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/install/idruid.html

I've never heard of fdisk not working... the linux version that is.

Here is the "Bugs" section of fdisk (from a RH6.2 install)
===
BUGS
       There are several *fdisk programs around.   Each  has  its
       problems  and  strengths.   Try  them in the order cfdisk,
       fdisk, sfdisk.  (Indeed, cfdisk  is  a  beautiful  program
       that  has  strict  requirements on the partition tables it
       accepts, and produces high quality partition  tables.  Use
       it  if  you can.  fdisk is a buggy program that does fuzzy
       things - usually it happens to produce reasonable results.
       Its  single  advantage is that it has some support for BSD
       disk labels and other non-DOS partition tables.  Avoid  it
       if  you can.  sfdisk is for hackers only - the user inter¡
       face is terrible, but it is more correct  than  fdisk  and
       more  powerful  than  both fdisk and cfdisk.  Moreover, it
       can be used noninteractively.)
===

Jon