[TriLUG] VPN Set up

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue Feb 12 09:49:05 EST 2002

> Yup, PPTP is the way to go.  I've spent the last year of my
> life looking at
> commercial boxes.  I've got a VPNet demo unit that never did
> quite work,
> can't get Netscreen to answer my calls, got sticker shock
> looking at Cisco.
Then you know where I am :-).

> Then I took a couple of days and a boatload of help from Jon
> Carnes and got a
> box working.  It's pretty slick, and make for really easy connections.
Before I head down this path, I just wanted to confirm that this will allow
me to connect
Windows clients to windows servers, correct? I assume I'll need to enable
Samba as well as PPTP on the linux box? I am basically looking for the linux
box to simply provide the connection, and let the windows server to provide
the authentication.

Thanks,
Justin