[TriLUG] anyone using Netscape 6?

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 10:25:06 EST 2002

not Mozilla - but specifically the Netscape 6 distribution?

I'm doing some compatability testing, so I have Communicator
4.79, Mozilla 0.9.x and Netscape 6 installed.  Netscape 6
was installed last.  When the Netscape 6 installer was
finished, it launched the browser...but it did not tell
me _how_ to run it.  It did not create any menu entries...
so all I can find is this:

/usr/local/netscape/run-mozilla.sh /usr/local/netscape/mozilla-bin

This seems like a rather cumbersome way to run it...is there
another?  How do you run it?  (I know I can make a link or script...
but I need to know how users will be running it under a default
installation - for compatability with our product)

Communicator is run with /usr/bin/netscape
Mozilla is run with /usr/bin/mozilla

Did the NS6 installer see that both Communicator and Mozilla
were present and thus did not overwrite one or the other's
link in /usr/bin?

Any ideas?

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com