[TriLUG] RH 7.2 on my laptop..

jbroome at intrex.net jbroome at intrex.net
Tue Feb 12 16:07:51 EST 2002

After last nights talk I came home motivated and began the install of 7.2 on
my dell inspiron 3200.  Everything went really well.  It recognized my xircom
combo modem/NIC, video card (neomagic 2mb), prettty much everything but the
soundcard.  I haven't gone on a search for a fix for that yet, but I don't
think it will be a problem.

I feel very good about cutting the MS cord (at least on the laptop).  It's
rewarding to get it to do everything I did when I had win '98 on here.

When I get over to my GF's house tonight I'll see if my SMC wireless card
works, and download a lighter WM (using KDE now).

Yay! :)