[TriLUG] Email

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 13 12:44:17 EST 2002

Well, the short answer is that you are already setup, if you are using a
standard distro like RedHat or Mandrake.  The default pop server is actually
an imap server.  It's limited in its abilities, but it is still an imap
server.  I've tested it and it works fairly well outside of being a resource
hog (but that is the nature IMAP, and is no reflection of the particular
server used).

The main problem with it, is that most email clients cannot create their own
sub-mailboxes (or sub-folders).

Jon