[TriLUG] Access databases under linux

Andrew Perrin andrew_perrin at unc.edu
Fri Feb 15 13:00:23 EST 2002

Depends on what the definition of "using windows" is -- with ODBC you
still need Access (or, more correctly, Microsoft Jet) running to serve the
database, unless things have changed since I was doing Access work (3-4
years ago).  So you can read/write from a linux client, but a windows
server has to host the database itself. AFAIK there's no way around that
-- that is, no linux-capable program that can read/write Access files.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin at unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA