[TriLUG] X configuration

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Feb 18 10:51:32 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Dan Chen wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:05:39AM -0500, Vestal, Roy L. wrote:
> > Yep. I'm trying to make mine a little larger, 1280x1024, but I was hoping
> > there was a GUI way vs. shutdownX/edit/restartX
>
> Nope. As of right now (4.2.99.1) there is no pluggable way. You must
> define them in XF86Config-4 and use the C-A-{+,-} hotkeys.

Is there anyway to have those keys change the desktop size, too?  It seems
that whever I use C-A-'-' to reduce the resolution, the desktop size stays
the same, with the annoying virtual desktop that moves around as you move
the mouse.  Not exactly what most people want when reducing the
resolution!

--Jeremy