[TriLUG] a good ssh client for win2k

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Feb 18 11:38:32 EST 2002

[Benjamin Reed]
> Yup... PuTTY makes Windows usable... by letting you SSH to a real
> OS.  <g>
>
> Best of all, it's tiny for what it does (only a couple-hundred K)
> so it's easy to just pull down when you need it.

putty's "pscp" is quite nice, too.  On some occasions (like scp'ing
files from the digital camera hooked up to my laptop), a graphical
front-end for scp is nice, and I've found "winscp2" to be nice and
easy.  Looks like winscp2 is linked from (among other places):

http://www.biochem.usyd.edu.au/staff/mackay/internal/computers.html
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4