[TriLUG] Don't get involved in Trilug...you might post *gasp* off topic.

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Tue Feb 19 12:58:14 EST 2002

[Donald Ball]
> what's the point of creating lists for special interests if everyone chats
> about everything on the general list? it's called a signal to noise ratio,
> people, look it up. however, since it appears i'm in the (vocal) minority,
> i'll just unsubscribe.

What works better for me is to procmail things I don't wanna see off
to /dev/null.  I used to take a reverse approach on lkml since there
was only a few people that I cared about what they were saying.

:0
* ^Sender: owner-linux-kernel at vger.rutgers.edu
{

  :0c:   #Preserve a copy of the email, just in case
  archive/kernel

  :0
  * ^From:.*(Alan Cox|Linus Torvalds|Ingo Molnar|David S. Miller|Rik van Riel|An
drea Arcangeli|Stephen C. Tweedie|Tigran Aivazian|Pavel Machek|Alexander Viro)
  incoming/kernel

  :0
  /dev/null
}

reverse the file and null entries and change other things appropriately,
and you should be all set.

Tossing the baby out with the bathwater is a bad idea in general, and just
comes off as childish in a case like this.  Don't be that guy that takes
his ball and goes home - we need *more* ppl contributing to S/N, not less.
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4