[TriLUG] SCSI Timeout: kernel? hardware?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 19 13:01:33 EST 2002

I feel your pain.  I built a RAID 5 Array using a batch of bad IBM SCSI
drives (well I didn't know they were bad at the time!).  Two drives on the
RAID died within a few hours of each other and crashed the whole RAID...

Also, I'm not a big fan of DELL's hardware.  Does this particular box use a
real SCSI card or a modified stripped down Adaptec DELL proprietary one?
The bastards need their own proprietary drivers.  Using the standard driver
will not do...

Jon