[TriLUG] Don't get involved in Trilug...you might post *gasp* off topic.

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Feb 19 14:47:57 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 07:56 am, you wrote:
> Oh wow, I see the most long
> running thread after hosting was initiated was Chris's "ignore: test"
> post which he probably posted their because it was the most inactive
> list he's signed up to.

Actually, out of all of the mailing lists I'm s*bbed to (which I've whittled
down to just over 50), education at trilug.org is the deadest by far.

I just forgot about that one otherwise I would have used that.

> Specifically, here is what I want:
>
> 2 lists - general (this list) and dev

There are some other issues that some of us are "afraid" to raise on the main
list and just talk amongst each other privately, though a broader audience
would probably be interested.  For example, the *BSD's.  There is a TriBUG
group but they are mostly inactive.

But the list nazis here don't want us to talk in depth about anything.  Just
scratch the surface, but as soon as anything goes into any depth, the peanut
gallery screams bloody murder and one or two of them thankfully remove
themselves from the list before disrupting it any further.

If it weren't for the list nazis, I'd love to have just one TriLUG list and
discuss anything open source without fear of a bunch of whining crybabies
taking over.